Affordable Care Act Health Coverage Options
New health coverage options are available through the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The Affordable Care Act is a historical change in our nation’s health care system. More people will have health insurance, and will live healthier lives.
- Medicaid is Expanding: Now, many more parents with children on Medicaid or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) and adults without children will qualify for Medicaid, including many patients with CICP.
- Affordable Health Insurance through Connect for Health Colorado: Connect for Heath Colorado is the new online marketplace, where uninsured Colorado residents can shop for and purchase affordable health insurance. This is also known as the "health exchange".
|You could get free or low-cost health insurance coverage through Medicaid
||You could receive new financial assistance to reduce the cost of health insurance through Connect for Health Colorado.
||$1,250 to $3,800*
|Family of 2
||$1,700 to $5,150*
|Family of 3
||$2,150 to $6,500*
|Family of 4
||$2,600 to $7,800*
*You may still qualify if you earn more.
Health Insurance is Important
Health insurance helps pay costs when you need care. No one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Health coverage helps pay for these costs and protects you from very high expenses.
With health insurance, you will:
- Improve your health and live longer
- Get health and behavioral care when you need it
- Have consistent care providers
- Get free preventive services, like annual exams and disease screenings
- Protect yourself from big financial risks related to medical costs
Denver Vital Signs
Denver Public Health distributes Denver Vital Signs, an electronic publication, every two months. In September 2013, Vital Signs covered the Expanding Access to Health Care in Denver Under the ACA (Aumento del acceso a la atención médica en Denver bajo ACA).