The Position: Hospice & Palliative Medicine Physician
Apply for this Position
Interested candidates should
submit a CV and cover letter to:
Denver Health is seeking a board eligible/certified Hospice and Palliative Medicine candidate to join a young and rapidly growing palliative medicine service providing inpatient, outpatient, and community-based services within this system. Denver Health is committed to providing full-time tertiary and secondary palliative medicine services to its patients. This physician will be part of a dynamic team that provides:
- inpatient palliative care consultative services
- outpatient palliative services, including innovative co-management clinics with a variety of medical specialty clinics for patients with advanced incurable illnesses
- clinical research through the Denver Health Department of Medicine and University of Colorado
- education to University of Colorado students in medical, nursing, and pharmacy programs, and medical interns and residents
- education as a core site for the University of Colorado Fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- faculty participation at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, with rank based upon qualifications and experience
This physician will be the third full time medical staff position within this rapidly expanding Division of Medicine, and will work with a full-time advanced practice nurse. The palliative care team also has representation from chaplain, social worker, and other hospital services to provide holistic, patient-centered services. This physician will assist in growth and development activities, educational opportunities, supervision of palliative care mid-level providers, and clinical services. Significant clinical research opportunities exist within the Division of Palliative Medicine.
Denver Health offers a competitive salary and compensation package that includes excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental, paid malpractice, CME allowance & time off, and retirement savings programs. Relocation assistance is available. Denver Health is one of the nation’s leading level-one trauma centers in an urban setting with strong safety-net mission and academic credentials. Denver is a thriving city boasting strong economic growth and offers a high quality of life through world class arts, collegiate and professional sports, and a vibrant climate that is ideal for year-round world-class mountain sporting opportunities.
Denver Health is committed to diversity and equal opportunity.