The Position: Inpatient Adult Psychiatrist
The Department of Behavioral Health at Denver Health is recruiting for a full-time Adult Psychiatrist to join our team on our expanding Inpatient Psychiatry Service (100%). The Behavioral Health department at Denver Health is an integral part of a Level I 525-licensed bed hospital, where medical and surgical services are readily available, with a mission of providing quality health care for all citizens of Denver regardless of ability to pay. As Colorado’s primary safety net institution, Denver Health has provided billions of dollars in uncompensated care.
We seek a psychiatrist who enjoys working in a team-based and multi-disciplinary approach to deliver compassionate, evidence-based psychiatric care for persons experiencing mental health crises. Responsibilities include direct patient care, coordination with nurse practitioners, and teaching of medical students and psychiatry residents.
Benefits of practicing at Denver Health include:
- Academic affiliations with the University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Denver Health physicians have an academic appointment with the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and Health Sciences commensurate with experience
- Housestaff and medical student teaching opportunities
- Competitive salary/benefits
- Conveniently located in Denver with access to a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, natural beauty and 300+ days of sunshine per year
Denver Health is a patient-centered, mission driven, evidence-based center with specialist support and an energetic focus on excellence.
Denver Health is committed to diversity and equal opportunity.