Why Choose Denver Health
Denver Health is known throughout the nation as being a strong model for quality and cost-efficiency. The Denver Health integrated health care system encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level 1 pediatric and adult trauma center and is home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.
Denver Health has gained international attention for its research, academics and lean thinking. In 2011, Denver Health was the first health care organization in the world to receive a Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence for eliminating waster, improving patient experiences and saving more than $87 million – all while providing top-quality healthcare to all patients.
Denver Health is home to:
- Arthur Gonzalez, PhD, CEO of Denver Health
- Gene Moore, MD - The nation's best and most respected trauma surgeon;
- Philip Mehler, MD - A nationally known eating disorder specialist;
- Richard Dart, MD - A renowned toxicologist and emergency medicine expert;
- A number of other physicians who are board-certified experts in their respective fields of medicine.
As a Denver Health physician, you would join a workforce of more than 5,000 professionals. You would be backed by a comprehensive health care system with experts in all fields of medicine, and would have the opportunity to continue research and teach the next generation of medical professionals the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Denver Health is structured a group practice. Our doctors are on staff and provide their expertise for the benefit of our patients.