ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders
The ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders provides expert care for the sickest patients from around the country and is uniquely positioned to serve as a National Center of Excellence for medical care. ACUTE is a trusted resource for eating disorder treatment facilities, behavioral health hospitals and acute care hospitals that lack specialized expertise in the medical care of these patients.
Since 2008, ACUTE has treated more than 200 of the most severely ill eating disorder patients, making our program the most experienced in treating this high-risk patient population. Our multidisciplinary team, led by the industry's foremost expert, Philip S. Mehler, MD, FACP, FAED, CEDS, provides the best possible medical care with a unique understanding and compassion for both the physical and emotional issues involved.
The ACUTE Difference
- Zero mortality among a very high-risk population
- Patients managed on medical ward with rare need for ICU transfer
- Evidence-based practice eliminating excessive ancillary test ordering or need for unnecessary lengths of stay (average length of stay is 14-21 days)
- Definitive stabilization, stopping the cycle of repeated emergency room visits and medical re-admissions
- Seamless continuum of care with 90% of patients discharged directly to the industry’s top eating disorder treatment programs
ACUTE is dedicated to building relationships with eating disorder treatment providers across the United States, providing a critical first step in the continuum of care. With comprehensive medical stabilization, patients are more likely to be successful in their continued recovery at a traditional eating disorder treatment program.
In addition, these relationships help ACUTE staff to transition patients to programs across the country with confidence and peace of mind, knowing that each patient is in good hands, receiving expert care to maximize their chances for a successful recovery.
Contact us today to join ACUTE's professional network of trusted providers.