Denver Public Health participates in an annual strategic planning process to
ensure work continues to advance the mission and vision of the department. During this process, the department reflects on key accomplishments and progress made in the previous year. Denver Public Health's 2016-2018 Strategic Plan focuses on
six priority areas driven by five core values to achieve 10 strategic goals.
- Community and population health
- Customer experience
- Financial strength
- Research and education
- Quality improvement and patient safety
- Workforce engagement
- Continuous improvement
- Fostering innovation
- Dedicated to excellence
- Compassionate service
- Strength through collaboration
- Improve the health of Denver residents and reduce health inequities.
- Continually assess and respond to community needs (community members and community partners).
- Provide clear, consistent communication about public health.
- Improve Denver Public Health effectiveness.
- Improve access to health care.
- Create a workplace culture of commitment, accountability and engagement.
- Provide sufficient financial resources to fulfill Denver Public Health’s mission and strategies, while ensuring financial sustainability.
- Perfect the experience for every partner, customer, and patient that interacts with the department, every time in every setting.
- Continuous quality improvement throughout the department.
- Promote education and research to advance our scholarly mission, educate the future workforce and advance public health work.