Birth and Death Certificates
The Department of Birth and Death Certificates is now located at:
120 W. 5th Avenue
Denver, CO 80205
This new space offers:
* Easy and quick, first-floor access
* Convenient and central location
* Additional FREE parking
Download a map of our new location!
Centrally-located, offering quick and easy access, Denver Public Health offers multiple ways to order birth and death certificates
We issue the following records:
- Certificates for any birth within the state of Colorado from 1905 to the present.
- Certified death certificates for Denver County from 1964 to the present.
Who can order a certificate?
- Person named on the birth record. Approved forms of identification. (Espanol)
- Members of the immediate family. (Proof of relationship is required.) To prove your relationship, we can accept:
- Birth certificates.
- Marriage certificates.
- Court-approved guardianship paperwork.
- Legal representatives of those named above.
Ways to order