Getting Started in the ID Clinic: Financial Screening
Care in the Clinic usually starts with an appointment with our financial screener, because clinic visits and medicines require co-pays. We want you to get the care you need with co-pays you can afford based on your income.
If You Have Colorado Medicaid
You do not have to complete additional financial screening for the Clinic or for medicines.
If You Do Not Have Colorado Medicaid
You must complete two financial screenings before your first appointment. You can complete both screenings at the same time.
Screening for clinic visits (CICP) and medicines (ADAP) must be updated every 6 months.
What to Bring
You will need to bring the following items with you to the financial screening appointment.
- Proof of Address
- Prior month rent receipts
- Current of prior month paycheck or Social Security check
- Copy of current lease with landlord name and phone number
- Current or prior month mortgage receipt
- Current property tax receipt
- Current car registration
- Current or prior month utility bill
- Proof of income for all household members
- Pay stubs from current or prior month
- If you do not have pay stubs, bring a typed letter from your employer on letterhead showing your income
- If you are unemployed, proof of monthly expenses
- Rent receipt or mortgage statement and all monthly bills
- Health Insurance Cards
- Completed Residency Affidavit