Commit to Quit
Top 10 Quit Tips
Quitting smoking can be can be challenging because nicotine is a very addictive drug. Most people have to try several times to quit for good, so don't give up just because you haven't succeeded in the past. Try out one – or all – of these quit tips.
- Set your quit smoking date
- Write down why you want to quit
- Don't use other forms of tobacco instead of cigarettes
- Make smoke-free home and car rules
- Determine your triggers and then avoid them
- Find other ways to relieve stress
- Talk to your doctor or dentist about getting help to quit
- Check your insurance policy for coverage of smoking-cessation medication and counseling
- Get support
- Keep trying
In addition to the positive health effects of quitting smoking, you will also save a ton of cash! Do you know how much money you can save if you quit smoking?
- Colorado QuitLine: Colorado residents 15 years and older who are ready to quit smoking can also call the Colorado QuitLine at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) for free personalized coaching, as well as a free supply of nicotine patches or gum.
- smokefree.gov provides free online quit-smoking resources.
- tobaccofreekids.org provides additional information about tobacco, including state-by-state statistics.