Distracted Driving & Safety Tips
Download Distracted Driving & Safety Tips PDF (English)
Take the Pledge with Denver Health. The fight to end distracted driving starts with you. Make the commitment to drive distraction-free today.
Texting takes your eyes off the road for 4.6 seconds. At 55mph, that’s like driving an entire football field blindfolded.
Tips to Prevent Distracted Driving
- Keep your hands on the wheel.
- Set your music playlist before you start driving.
- Properly restrain your children before you start driving.
- Put your cell phone away.
- Put on makeup or practice other grooming while the car is not moving.
- Enjoy your food outside of your car.
Keep Your Eyes on the Road
- Plan your route ahead of time.
- Encourage your passengers to keep quiet.
- Maintain proper speed and safety.
- Stay alert to changing road conditions.
Keep Your Mind Focused on Driving
- Make sure you are calm if driving after or during an argument or other emotional event.
- If you are tired, pull over and rest.