You are using an unlicensed and unsupported version of DotNetNuke Professional Edition. Please contact email@example.com for information on how to obtain a valid license.
Water Safety Tips
Download Water Safety Tips PDF
Keep your family safe around water this summer.
- Always supervise children near water in a pool, tub, bucket or ocean. Designate a “Water Watcher” to maintain constant watch over children in the pool during gatherings.
- Always wear a life jacket in open water.
- Always swim with a buddy.
- Keep a phone at poolside so that you never have to leave the pool to answer the phone, and can call for help if needed.
- Learn CPR and rescue breathing.
- Keep a life-saving ring, shepherd’s hook and CPR instructions mounted at poolside.
- Empty water in buckets or wading pools when you are done.
- If a child is missing, always check the pool first. Seconds count.
- Remove toys from in and around the pool when not in use.
- Responsibilities of pool ownership include ensuring children in the home learn to swim, and that adults know CPR.
- Pools should be fenced in (at least 60” tall, with a self-closing, self-latching gate.) Gates should open away from the pool and should never be propped open.