Open enrollment for the 2021 plan year will be held from October 1st – 16th. During this time you change your benefit plans, add or drop dependents from your plan, and enroll in your Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care) for 2021. If you do not log in and make any changes, the benefits and dependents you currently have will roll over to 2021 with the exception of you Flexible Spending Account. Please see the attached Open Enrollment guide for information about the plans, premium rates, and coverage. For help with how to access open enrollment online, please see the attached document “Instructions for Accessing Open enrollment from Work and Home.”For questions please contact the Benefits Team at (303) 602-7000 or by e-mail at Benefits@dhha.org
Denver Health Medical PlanDenver Health Medical Plan provides three coverage options that differ by provider network access. Please see the DHHA 2021 OE Guide for details about coverage and pricing. For help in finding a provider, or questions about coverage please contact the Medical plan at (303) 602-2100, or www.denverhealthmedicalplan.org.
Delta Dental of ColoradoDelta Dental provides Denver Health employees with three different dental plans to meet your needs. Please refer to the OE guide for details about the plans, coverage, and cost. More information can be found by visiting Delta Dental Online at www.deltadentalco.com, or by calling customer service at (303) 741-9305.
Vision Services PlanVSP provides Denver Health employees with a supplemental vision plan which covers exams, hardware (lenses and frames), and contacts. Please see the DHHA 2021 OE Guide for details about coverage and pricing. More information can be found at www.vsp.com, or by calling customer service at (800) 877-7195.
Fidelity InvestmentsFidelity Investments administers the Denver Health Employee Retirement program. Please see the attached brochure “2020 Fidelity DenverHealthBrochure Final Web” for details about how the plan works. You can also access your account online by visiting www.fidelity.com/atwork. For assistance please call customer services at (800) 343-0860. Please see the Open Enrollment guide for information about the 2021 Auto Increase. Employees will have until 12/15/2020 to contact Fidelity to opt out of the increase in order to avoid the increase being deducted from their first paycheck on January 12th.
Supplemental Group Term Life
Denver Health provides employees with Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, as well as basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance. Please see the Open Enrollment Guide for details on these policies. Employees who wish to purchase additional group term life or accidental death & dismemberment insurance for themselves or their family members may fill out the attached “Unum Denver Health Kit A 202” form. You may also use this form to update your beneficiary information. Please submit this form to the benefits team by e-mail at: Benefits@dhha.org.
WorkLife Partnership Colorado and Health Advocate
Denver Health partners with WorkLife to provide resources and assistance to help you overcome work-life challenges. WorkLife services are always free and confidential.
Examples of how WorkLife Navigators may help:
- Help determine the best housing for your situation and guide you to search options and financial assistance for things like a deposit.
- Help find reliable and affordable transportation options.
- Find budgeting solutions for debt issues, help apply for hospital assistance programs, or help to understand medical bills.
- Help navigate employee assistance programs or other community resources to find free or low cost options for counseling and/or legal services.
- Accessing Resources for Affordable childcare.
The Health Advocate Call Center advocates are available from 8 AM to 10 PM for benefit questions. For EAP related questions, you can call 24/7. You can reach an advocate at 866-799-2728 or HealthAdvocate.com/members. Health Advocate can assist you with:
- Questions about your benefit choices and options
- Finding a doctor, scheduling appointments and securing prior authorizations.
- Resolving claim issues
- Critical Illness Insurance: No one can be completely prepared when a critical illness strikes, but if you or a loved one is diagnosed with a covered condition such as cancer, stroke, or heart attack, Critical Illness Insurance provides a lump-sum cash benefit to help pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses or any other bills that need attention, including rent or groceries. Eligible employees can only enroll at open enrollment and other special events throughout the year which will be communicated by your HR team.
- Accident Insurance New for 2021! Employees are able to purchase Accident Insurance from Unum at discounted rates through payroll deductions. When you suffer an accident such as a burn or broken bone, Accident Insurance provides a lump-sum cash benefit based on your injury(s) and the treatment you receive. These benefits are paid on top of what your health insurance covers and can be used at your own discretion. Eligible employees can only enroll at open enrollment. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- Whole Life Insurance: Employees are able to purchase Whole Life Insurance from Unum at discounted rates through payroll deductions. Whole Life policies provide permanent life insurance that you keep regardless of your employment status with Denver Health, and pay benefits in addition to our term life insurance benefit. Additionally, this policy provides Long Term Care benefits to assist employees in paying for the cost of skilled nursing home care with fixed premium rates over the life of the policy. Eligible employees can only enroll at open enrollment.
- Group Legal Plan: The Metlaw 3 plan includes coverage for family law matters, consumer protections, and to provides assistance for debt matters. The plan includes 4 hours of non-covered plan services in order to ensure more comprehensive legal plan coverage. Benefit eligible employees wishing to enroll in the plan, or cancel their current coverage can do so during open enrollment. You can enroll in the MetLaw plan through Lawson online.
- MetLife Home and Auto MetLife: provides benefit eligible Denver Health employees with discounted Auto, Homeowners and Renters insurance through convenient payroll deductions. Contact MetLife at 800-438-6381 for a premium quote or to enroll. Free auto quotes are available at www.metlife.com/mybenefits.
Pet Insurance New for 2021!
- You care about your pets and consider them members of your family. Pet insurance provides coverage for a wide range of veterinary services, such as wellness visits, vaccinations, surgical procedures, medical care following accidents and illnesses, and more. See the attached flyer. To enroll please contact a benefit counselor per the instructions below.
How to Enroll in Voluntary Benefits
- During the Open Enrollment period October 1 – October 16, professional benefit counselors will be available over-the-phone to speak with you about your voluntary benefit options. Benefit counselors will answer your questions, provide additional information and complete your Critical Illness, Whole Life Insurance selections. Schedule your appointment with Benefit counselor online at https://denverhealthmc.mybenefitsappointment.com or call 833-717-3643.