As your health care provider, our top priority is the health and safety of you and your family. We continue to be there for all your health care needs.
Coronavirus Testing at Denver Health
To help protect our patients, staff and community while following city and state guidelines, Denver Health is testing all patients who are admitted to the hospital for COVID-19. For all non-hospitalized patients, limited testing is available with an order from a provider and an appointment. All patients entering a Denver Health facility can expect to have their temperature taken and be given masks to wear.
Walk-in COVID-19 testing is not available at any Denver Health location. For more information on COVID-19, call the Colorado helpline at 303-389-1687.
Coronavirus self-pay testing at Denver Health costs $35.93. To learn more about pricing at Denver Health, visit our pricing transparency page.
What to Do if You Have COVID-19 Symptoms
If believe you might have COVID-19, call the Denver Health NurseLine at 303-739-2111. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 directly.
You may also contact your primary care provider through your MyChart account or call your primary care clinic. They will be able to determine if you meet guidelines for testing and if you need to be seen for an in-person visit.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, no visitors are permitted at Denver Health with limited exceptions.
To protect our patients, families, employees and the community during the outbreak of COVID-19, Denver Health is not allowing any visitors at all Denver Health medical facilities, including the main hospital and all clinics, until further notice. Vistors will be permitted in the following situations:
- Mother in labor
- Patients who are 21 years of age or under (legal guardian permitted)
- Adult patients with cognitive, physical or mental disability requiring help with the provision of medical care or activities of daily living, speaking for the patient and keeping the patient safe
- Patients undergoing surgery
- People who must exercise power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship for a patient
- Patients at end-of-life
- People performing official governmental functions
Read the Denver Health Visitor Policy
Appointments & Telehealth
Many of Denver Health's divisions are now meeting with patients through telehealth appointments. If you had an appointment with Denver Health that was canceled due to COVID-19, we will contact you to reschedule your appointment as a telehealth visit.
Options for Scheduling an Appointment
- Call our appointment line at 303-436-4949 to make an in-person or telehealth appointment.
- Schedule an appointment online for select services including primary care and pediatrics.
Outpatient Surgeries and Procedures Update
In response to Governor Polis’ guidelines on re-starting time-sensitive procedures and surgeries, we are resuming some outpatient procedures starting May 4. A committee of Denver Health clinical leaders will monitor patient and provider safety, staffing, critical equipment and testing to reintroduce additional procedures in the near future.
Safety Procedures for Appointments at Denver Health
We have taken the following steps to protect our patients and providers' safety:
- Screening patients for COVID-19 symptoms as they enter Denver Health facilities
- Requiring cloth masks for patients
- Thorough cleaning of each room and every instrument used
- Establishing separate areas – including waiting rooms – for sick and well patients
- Requiring our caregivers to wearing masks and protective equipment when treating you
- Asking patients to wash their hands upon entering an examination room
- Adhering to and encouraging 6-foot physical distancing
If you have any questions about these guidelines before your appointment, please contact your clinic directly.
Supporting Denver Health Frontline Workers
At this time, Denver Health's greatest need is for monetary donations. Those who want to help are encouraged to contribute to the Fight COVID-19 Urgent Response Fund at DenverHealthFoundation.org/ways-to-give/donate-now.
In lieu of food donations, we are respectfully requesting donations to the COVID-19 Urgent Response Fund to help us with our greatest needs.
For donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies including medical masks, gowns and gloves, please send an email to Linda.Ford@dhha.org.
For donations of signs, letters and/or cards supporting our health care workers to be added to our "Wall of Gratitude” outside of the hospital's Volunteer and Patient Services Zone (located on the first floor of Pavilion C), please contact Amy.Friedman@dhha.org.
For homemade or cloth mask donations, please contact Amy.Friedman@dhha.org. .
Vendors who are interested in selling or leasing supplies may send an email to COVID_vendors@dhha.org.