The Board of the Denver Health and Hospital Authority is subject to the Open Meetings Law of the State of Colorado. Therefore, meetings of the Board that are comprised of three or more board members that are convened to discuss public business are open to the public.
The Board posts notices of the meetings that are open to the public in compliance with the Open Meetings Law. These notices are posted in the lobby of 660 Bannock where the Board meetings are held, on the bulletin board on the fifth floor of 660 Bannock where the meetings are held, and on the official bulletin board for Denver Health in the basement of the Hospital at least 24 hours in advance of the meetings.
The minutes of the Board meetings where formal action occurs are taken and open for public inspection in the Office of General Counsel. Executive sessions of the Board may be held as permitted by the statute.
Procedures for Public Comment at Board Meetings
In recognition of the value of public input when considering policy decisions, the Board has developed the following procedures for receiving public comment at its meetings. Similar procedures apply at the State Legislature, City Council and the University Board of Regents. Persons who wish to take part in the public comment period should become familiar with and follow these procedures.
- Subject Matter: Public comment at the Denver Health Board of Directors meetings at the commencement of the meeting is limited to items that appear on the agenda for the particular board meeting. The public comment period may not be used for addressing grievances of individual employees or patients, personal attacks, or commercial endorsements. The public comment period also may not be used to address matters related to negotiations or litigation with the Denver Health and Hospital Authority. Only those requests conforming to subject matter requirements will be approved.
- Requests to Address the Denver Health Board of Directors: A sign-up sheet will be provided on the day of the scheduled board meeting for all persons wishing to address the Denver Health Board of Directors. Individuals wanting to provide public comment must sign up at the office of the Board’s Secretary (Legal Services, 660 Bannock Street, 5th Floor) at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the respective board meeting. Individuals must provide their name, address, whether they are speaking on behalf of an organization, and the agenda item for comment. Speakers will be called in the order in which they signed up.
- Time Allocation: A maximum of 15 minutes will be set aside for each agenda item on which public comment has been requested. Each person will be permitted no more than three minutes for comment.
Upcoming Board Meetings*:
* Note: Public commenting opportunities on the Denver Health CEO search are welcome at our upcoming meetings
- Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 1:30 pm | Pena Family Health Center, 1339 S Federal, Denver
- Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 1:30 pm | Rita Bass Trauma & EMS Institute, 190 W 6th Avenue, Denver
- Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 1:30 pm | Rita Bass Trauma & EMS Institute, 190 W 6th Avenue, Denver