Virtual Urgent Care is now available for Denver Health MyChart users.
Denver Health MyChart users can now have a virtual urgent care visit with one of our expert providers. It’s easy and convenient to get the urgent care you need from the comfort of your home, using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
The service is available to all Denver Health patients 18 years old and over with a MyChart account. You will need to be in Colorado at the time of the visit. Denver Health is proud of its mission to provide excellent care for all. Denver Health Virtual Urgent Care is available for all, regardless of ability to pay.
Symptoms and Conditions Treated by Denver Health Virtual Urgent Care
Denver Health Virtual Urgent Care doctors can help patients with a wide range of symptoms, including:
- Cold and flu
- Sore throat
- Medication refills
- COVID-19 testing
- Rashes, boils and minor cuts
- Sinus infection
- Seasonal allergies
- Pink eye*
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)*
- Emergency contraception*
Virtual Urgent Care Hours of Operation
Virtual Urgent Care is available Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
When Denver Health Virtual Urgent Care is Not the Right Option
- If you think you have a severe, more life-threatening injury or illness, such as chest pain or difficulty breathing, please call 911 or go to the Emergency Department
- If your condition requires a physical examination, tests, X-rays or other procedures, you should come to one of our three Urgent Care Centers
- If your condition is not urgent, please make an appointment to see your primary care physician. You can schedule an in-person or virtual primary care visit from the MyChart app, or by calling the appointment center at 303-436-4949.
- The Denver Health 24-hour Nurseline is also available and provided exclusively to Denver Health patients and the people of Denver. Our caring medical staff quickly provide medical assistance, care advice and help you know if you need to be seen right away by a doctor. Call the Nurseline at 303-739-1211.
How to Set Up A Virtual Urgent Care Visit
You will need to have a smartphone, tablet or computer with a working camera, speakers and microphone. Your device will need to be connected to the Internet. Simply login to your MyChart account and press the “Virtual Urgent Care” button to schedule an appointment. You will be asked to answer a few questions so that we can make sure a Virtual Urgent Care visit is right for you. You will then select a time for your Virtual Urgent Care visit and confirm your personal information, including your insurance details. When it’s time for your visit, both you and your provider will join a video conference call.
The Virtual Urgent Care Visit
The visit will be similar to a regular Urgent Care experience, except you will see the providers and staff on video. Once your condition has been assessed, the provider may prescribe non-controlled medication. You will also receive an after-visit summary in your MyChart account.
Insurance, Pricing and Self-Pay
We accept Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurance plans. After the visit, we will attempt to bill your insurance provider. If you are an established Denver Health patient and you have not changed your policy, your Virtual Urgent Care claim should be accepted by your insurance provider. Please check your policy for details and to understand whether you will be responsible for a co-pay. Please note that a successful video connection between you and the Virtual Urgent Care provider must be established during the visit to bill your insurance company.
If you don't have insurance or if your insurance doesn't cover Virtual Urgent Care, you will be invited to follow up with our Enrollment Services team. Enrollment services will discuss options with you which may include enrollment in Medicaid, Medicare or the Denver Health Financial Assistance Program (DFAP). A bill will be sent to you or your insurance company. The amount of financial assistance to which you are entitled, will be based on your income and other factors. Denver Health is proud of its mission to provide excellent care for all. Denver Health Virtual Urgent Care is available for all, regardless of ability to pay and no one will be denied care.