Epilepsy Experts at Denver Health
Our Comprehensive Epilepsy Program's multidisciplinary team of more than 15 specialists is dedicated to the evaluation and treatment of epilepsy and seizure disorders affecting children and adults.
Our physicians are board certified and hold faculty appointments at the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine or The Children's Hospital of Colorado. Each of our physicians on the team have distinguished themselves as both an outstanding clinician and an accomplished researcher in his or her individual area(s) of interest.
Our areas of iInterest include high altitude neurological conditions, acupuncture for non-epileptic seizures, complementary medicine and epilepsy, numerical analysis of electroencephalography (EEG) waveforms, and Sudden Unexplained Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP).
Our Epilepsy Team
- Edward Maa, MD - Chief of the Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Adult Epileptologist
- Andrew White, MD - Pediatric Epileptologist
- Ken Winston, MD - Neurosurgeon
- Patrick Justus - Electroneurodiagnostic Supervisor
- Konstantin Goryachuk - Electroneurodiagnostic Technician
- Emigdio Camu - Electroneurodiagnostic Technician
- Jennifer Davidson, RN - Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) Nurse
- Gail Machowski, RN - Neurology Clinical Nurse
- Michael Mestek, MD - NeuroRadiologist
- David Symonds, MD - NeuroRadiologist
- Michael Fleischer, MD - NeuroRadiologist
- Christopher Pierce, PhD - Neuropsychologist
- Brandt Jamroz, MD - Interventional Radiologist
- Courtney Millar - Speech Therapist
- Matthew Applegate - Epilepsy Research Clinical Coordinator