A convenient way to make smart health care decisions
The Denver Health NurseLine does not replace calling 9-1-1 in an emergency.
The Denver Health NurseLine is a service provided exclusively to Denver Health patients and for the residents of City and County of Denver.
The Denver Health NurseLine provides around the clock teaching and support to Denver Health Medical Center patients and the residents of the City and County of Denver one call at a time. Registered Nurses are staffed 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and offer medical telephone triage to determine the safest and most cost effective level of treatment.
The Denver Health NurseLine provides:
- Registered Nurses to answer medical questions, provide care advice, and help you determine if you should be seen right away by a physician
- Help with chronic conditions, such as diabetes or asthma
- The right level of care if you are having an urgent medical concern
- Access to immediate medical information
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year
The NurseLine uses medical triage software and clinical protocols developed by Drs. Barton Schmitt and David Thompson. The Schmitt-Thompson Clinical Content is the “gold standard” for call centers. They provide the highest quality of clinical content and triage advice in the world for adults and pediatrics. The NurseLine strives to meet URAC Health Call Center standards and seeks for continuous improvement in quality and healthcare management of our call center.