The Position: Addictions Psychiatrist
The Department of Behavioral Health at Denver Health is recruiting for a full-time Addictions Psychiatrist to join our team in our Outpatient Clinic (75%) and Inpatient Consult Service (25%). The Behavioral Health department at Denver Health is part of a Level I 525-licensed hospital with a mission of providing access to quality health care for all citizens of Denver regardless of ability to pay. As Colorado’s primary safety net institution, Denver Health has provided billions of dollars in uncompensated care.
The position will include trauma informed addictions treatment, working with methadone, suboxone and substance use disorders teams, and a team based multi-disciplinary approach to recovery. This physician will work with the consultation-liaison team to diagnose and initiate substance abuse care for inpatients on the medical surgical and OB/GYN units of the hospital.
Benefits of practicing at Denver Health include:
- Academic affiliations with the University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Denver Health physicians have an academic appointment with the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Housestaff and medical student teaching opportunities
- Competitive salary/benefits
- Conveniently located in Denver with access to a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, natural beauty and 300+ days of sunshine per year
Applicants must be eligible for a Colorado medical license and be BE/BC in general adult psychiatry. Subspecialty training is a plus.
Denver Health is a patient-centered, mission driven, evidence-based center with specialist support and an energetic focus on excellence.
Denver Health is committed to diversity and equal opportunity.