Nurse Family Partnership Program
The Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) is a national program for low income women who are having their first a baby. A Registered Nurse visits the mother in her home every two weeks during pregnancy and until the child is two years old to ensure that the mom and baby are healthy and doing well. The program is voluntary, and women can enroll themselves in the program.
Enrollment is limited so early referral is encouraged.
- Healthy pregnancy and healthy baby
- Competent parenting- reduced child abuse and neglect
- Improve school readiness
- Building a strong support network and utilization of community resources
- Development of a plan for the mother to continue her education or job skills
- Planning for second pregnancy
This is an evidence program with proven effectiveness , nation-wide the Nurse Family Partnership received the highest number of favorable ratings among evidence based home visitation programs in the Visiting of Effectiveness analysis by the US Department of health and Human Services.
Marti Potter, RN, CNS
Download Referral Form