The STEP Program at Denver Health
Denver Health STEP Program
The Denver Health STEP (Substance Abuse Treatment Education & Prevention) Program helps adolescents or young adults (ages 11-24) who are suffering from drug abuse or other mental health programs such as anxiety, depression or ADHD.
The 16-week outpatient STEP program includes:
- A comprehensive evaluation conducted by a therapist and board-certified child and addiction psychiatrist
- Motivational interviewing to encourage change in adolescents who are not initially interested in stopping their substance use
- Individual cognitive behavioral therapy
- Family sessions
- Prizes for clean urine drug screens
- Integrated treatment for co-occurring psychiatric disorders
- Medication-assisted treatment, as needed
- Plan for continued sober living
We accept most insurance carriers.
For substance use help for teens and young adults, view our Mental Health Resources & Education page.
STEP also conducts clinical research that may result in effective, new treatments for adolescents with substance abuse problems. Find out more about STEP research projects.