Denver Health offers treatment with medication for opioid use disorders utilizing Methadone and Suboxone (buprenorphine) as opioid/narcotic replacement therapy for adult patients meeting specific criteria for admission. Methadone and Suboxone are FDA-approved medications used to prevent withdrawal symptoms in people who are dependent on opioids such as heroin, morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone and fentanyl.
An individual treatment plan is developed with your physician and counselors to facilitate successful treatment. Patients in the program receive a high level of professional support to remain free from opioids and other substances. Psychiatrists are available to treat patients that may have additional mental health conditions to provide the best chance of success. All patients also receive individual and group therapy. Each patient's progress is closely monitored and the patient is asked to attend group or individual sessions to receive closer supervision.
Treatment at Denver Health for opioid use disorder includes:
- Individual and group counseling
- Individualized treatment planning
- Dispensary medication dosing
- Urine testing
- Peer services available
- Case management
- Referrals to higher or lower levels of treatment as medically indicated
- Co-occurring mental health assessments/services
As patients progress through their treatment, they may earn take-home doses of medication rather than having to visit our dispensary dosing clinic. Patients may be discharged after achieving abstinence and medically supervised detoxification from Methadone or Suboxone.
We accept many insurance carriers, including Medicaid, as well as private pay clients.
Hours of Operation
- Walk-in intakes for Methadone and Suboxone Opioid Treatment: M-F, present before 5:45 a.m.
- Specialty therapy and clinical services: M-F, 6 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Specialty medication dosing: M-F, 5:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m., Sat-Sun, 6 - 9 a.m.
For Health Care Professionals
For health care professionals only – for Methadone verification access, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 303-602-7221.