A Matter of Balance
Managing Concerns About Falls
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A Matter of Balance is an evidence-based program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
Denver Health Trauma Services will be providing free classes at the Johnson Recreation Center, 4809 Race St., Denver, CO 80216. The MOB Program is being offered for FREE for those who qualify. The class size is limited to 15 participants.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls. You will learn to:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Class Times Available
Classes will run every Tuesday from Sept. 9 to Oct. 29, 2019 from 11:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. Each class is two hours, provides informational packets and exercises to do at home as well a light snack and water. These classes build on each other and must be taken in order. You need to sign up by the second class on Sept. 17, 2019 to attend the rest of the classes.
Registration Instructions:These classes build on each other and must be taken in order. You need to sign up by the second class on Sept. 17, 2019 to attend the rest of the classes. To register, contact Darcie Bentz at 303-602-7623 or email@example.com.
Manage Your Healthcare From Anywhere, At Any Time
Create a New Account
or use MyChart login: