Problems from the procedure are rare, but all procedures have some risk. Your doctor will review possible problems, like:
- Pain and tenderness around the injection site
- Bruising, infection, or bleeding of the injection site
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Nerve damage
- Medication mistakenly injected into a vein or artery
- Organ damage
The risk of problems may be increased with:
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes or obesity
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Edits to original content made by Denver Health.
Copyright © EBSCO Information Services
All rights reserved.