Newborns in Need
What is Newborns in Need?
Denver Health’s Newborns in Need program comes to the rescue for expecting families who are struggling to make ends meet. Thanks to generous donors, we collect thousands of new baby items to fill our “Warm Welcome” bags. Then we give these bags to new moms and dads who really need and appreciate this extra help.
In addition to the Warm Welcome Bags, Newborns in Need provides support to babies that need even more than the bag offers them. We provide carseats, strollers, cribs and many more items to families that are in serious need.
The Newborns in Need program gives every baby delivered at Denver Health the healthy start he or she deserves.
Who does the program benefit?
Newborns in Need benefits every single family that delivers at Denver Health. Financially struggling families often must choose between diapers or groceries, so these gifts help give them a great start and make life sweeter for some of Denver’s tiniest and most vulnerable citizens. Every single baby born at in our hospital goes home with a “Warm Welcome Bag”. We also provide support to siblings, adoption support and much more.
How is the program funded?
The program collects new baby items and cash donations from generous donors like you. We are always in need!
How can I help?
You can be a part of this important work and here’s how:
- Donate NEW Baby Items from our Newborns in Need Wish List.
- Disposable diapers (size NB, 1 or 2)
- Baby wipes
- Baby wash, shampoo, lotion;
- Clothing- Onesies, sleepers, outfits (Sizes NB to 3 months)
- Burp Cloths and Bibs
- Newborn socks and booties
- Nursing supplies (pads, cream, etc.)
- Infant toys
- Convertible car seats
- Cribs and crib sheets
- Host a baby shower. Invite your friends and family to bring a NEW unwrapped gift.
- Organize a baby drive at your place of work. Everyone wants to help a new baby who needs a blanket.
- Mobilize your school or faith community to collect items.
- Conduct a diaper drive. This is the simplest idea of all. Diapers are a necessity for every new baby. Their expense can present a real hardship to families struggling to buy food or pay the rent.
- Are you celebrating a birthday? Ask your party guests to make a donation in your honor.
- Volunteer at Denver Health. Email Becky Herb or call (303) 602-2919 for more information about volunteering.
- Make a cash donation at www.denverhealthfoundation.org. These donations are critical and are used to purchase car seats, baby beds, strollers and more for families in need.
May 3rd, 2014 Denver Throws A Baby Shower!