Choose to Deliver at Denver Health
Denver Health Recognized for Low C-Section Rate
Consumer Reports has recognized Denver Health Maternity Services for having one of the lowest C-section rates in the country at 7.9%, avoiding unnecessary health risks to both mom and baby that can result from C-sections. The low rate of C-sections can be attributed to Denver Health’s policies, as well as the partnership between OB/GYN physicians and midwives.
When deciding where to deliver your baby, you may take comfort in knowing that Denver Health offers the following:
- One of the LOWEST C-Section rates in Colorado. We respect the natural process of childbirth and our providers work to support moms through that process. Our physicians skillfully perform Cesarean deliveries, or C-sections, when medically indicated to ensure the best outcomes for mom and baby.
- We have a high rate of success with vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC).
- Board Certified OB/GYN physicians and certified nurse midwives are in the hospital, ready to care for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Certified registered nurse anesthetists are dedicated to labor and delivery so moms have access to pain control options.
- Large, private labor and delivery suites and private baths with whirlpool tubs for water therapy.
- Lactation (breastfeeding) certified consultants are available for you before and after you deliver.