The Affordable Care Act
Being healthy is important to everyone. One of the ways to stay healthy is to visit your doctor regularly, but without health insurance, visiting the doctor is difficult. That’s why it is so important for our community to understand all of the options available.
Let Us Help You!
Denver Health Enrollment Specialists provide FREE, unbiased, individual help to anyone who needs it.
Our Enrollment Specialists screen you for Medicaid and help you understand the health insurance options that you have and help you select the right plan for you. They will also help you estimate costs and can also help you understand other cost savings and discount programs that may be available.
- Health insurance is important and is a good investment in yourself. You can improve your health and will have protection from financial hardships that can stem from medical bills.
- Health Insurance is Required. Everyone is required to have health insurance, and there are penalties that you must pay each year if you do not have health insurance. Sometimes the penalty is larger than what you would pay for health insurance, so it’s important to understand your options. It’s far better to invest in the health of you and your family, than to pay a penalty.
- There is an open enrollment period every year. This sets deadlines for when you must find coverage each year. The open enrollment period changes each year. Medicaid enrollment is open year round.
- Colorado Medicaid enrollment is open all year long.
- Use Connect for Health Colorado to find coverage. If you purchase health insurance through Connect for Health Colorado's website, you may qualify for cost-savings that could lower the monthly cost of health insurance you are responsible for each month.
- Meet with an Enrollment Specialist at Denver Health. They will help you apply for Medicaid and help you understand your options for purchasing health insurance. Our Enrollment Specialists meet with you one-on-one and their services are provided free of charge to anyone who needs help.
Medicaid is Covering More People - Enrollment is Open Year Round
Colorado Medicaid is low-cost health insurance that is available to individuals and families with limited income. This program now covers more people in Colorado with limited income.
- Parents with children who already have Medicaid or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+), may qualify for Medicaid now.
- Adults without children with limited income may also qualify for Medicaid.
At Denver Health, many of our patients who have the Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP) may now qualify for Medicaid as well.
Refer to this table to see if you might qualify for Medicaid.
|Family Size||Monthly Income Limit||Annual Income Limit|
Connect for Heath Colorado is the new online marketplace where Colorado residents can shop for,and buy low-cost health insurance. If you purchase health insurance, you may even qualify for tax credits and other cost-sharing programs that will lower the monthly cost even more.
There are a number of plans to choose from, so you are sure to find something to fit your needs.
Important Health Coverage Dates
The open enrollment period for the Colorado exchange is longer than in states that use the federal website.
- November 1, 2017: Open enrollment begins. This a good time to meet with an enrollment specialist to understand your options.
- January 12, 2018: Open enrollment ends. This is the deadline for buying health insurance.
- Enrolling before Dec. 15, 2017 is strongly encouraged to avoid any gaps in coverage. If patients enroll before Dec. 15, coverage will begin on Jan. 1, 2018.
- Medicaid, Child Health Plan enrollment and discount programs offer year-round enrollment.