The inpatient unit at Denver Health has 45 beds and serves adult patients experiencing behavioral problems or those having difficulty meeting basic living needs due to a combination of mental, physical or substance abuse problems.
While a patient in the Adult Inpatient Mental Health unit, you will have access to the following:
- Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous groups are provided for those wishing to attend
- Cross-cultural communication through our interpreter service covering over 200 languages at no cost
- Full-time occupational therapy
- Psychological testing
- Medical evaluation treatment
- A variety of therapies including individual, family, group art, music and electroconvulsive therapy
- Outdoor recreational area
Upon admission to the unit, our team will conduct an evaluation to learn about the patient’s health history, current symptoms and strengths. Each patient is encouraged to participate in his/her treatment plan and design strategies to improve the situation. Hospitalization is usually short-term, and we encourage patients to continue with follow-up care in the community to ensure overall good health.