Our curriculum objectives for the Dental Assisting Program gives our trainees firsthand experience practicing essential skills in a controlled environment that they will need in either private or clinical practices.
The Curriculum includes:
- Introduction to Dental Assisting and Dental Terminology.
- AHA (American Heart Association) Basic Life Support CPR training and certification.
- OSHA and HIPAA training and certification.
- Joint Commission training.
- Dental Radiology training and certification.
- Dental Specialties.
- Dental Materials and Procedures.
- Diagnostics and Orthodontics.
- Epic training.
Patient Care and Management.These skills include:
- Taking dental radiographs and learning how to process.
- Sterilization of dental instruments and equipment.
- Checking in and rooming patients: taking patient medical and dental histories and vital signs. (Pulse, blood pressure, etc.)
- Chairside assisting including using suction and passing instruments during patient procedures.
- Education of patients on oral hygiene and pre and post op procedures.
- Maintain and secure patient records and appointment schedules.