Program Start Date: Fall 2023
Program End Date: August 2, 2024
Interviews for selected applicants will be offered on a rolling basis until available slots are filled. Early application submission is advised.
Applicant requirements and eligibility
Demonstrated desire to train and work in a Safety Net health care system, which serves populations facing health challenges due to social determinants of health
Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
Colorado Licensure (active or eligible)
Please submit the following application materials to Lisa.Wanger@dhha.org
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief (1 page maximum) Personal Statement on your interest in this program and how it fits with your career goals.
- Three references’ contact information including your NP or PA Program Director, a PA or NP who knows you well, and an MD/DO with whom you have worked closely.
The APP Primary Care Residency at Denver Health is a new one-year paid fellowship and training program at Denver Health, as part of Community Health Services. We prepare new graduate Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistants to successfully work in a Federally Qualified Health Care (FQHC) setting. Three APP fellows will be hired to start in the fall of 2023.
Curriculum and Objectives
- Uniform, structured curriculum, with a focus on diversity, health equity and the complex interactions of health and health- related social needs.
- Weekly formal clinical didactics sessions. Session topics include social determinants of health, telehealth, panel management and provider wellness. Fellows will have opportunities for shared learning (didactic and hands-on) with the family medicine, pediatric, internal medicine and DH specialty APP residency programs.
- Fellows will be paired 1:1 with a Mentor.
- 50% of training time spent in a primary care continuity clinic.
- 20% of time dedicated to didactics and panel management.
- 30 % time in specialized training sites (psychiatric, geriatrics, pediatrics, ob/gyn, nursery, school-based health, immigrant health & urgent care).
- Upon successful completion of the 1-year program, fellows will be eligible for full employment at Denver Health.
Salary and benefits
Fellows are Denver Health employees with a salary of $75,000 for year. Full Denver health benefits are available. This includes medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement plan, disability insurance, 7 paid holidays, and 20 vacation days. A loan forgiveness option is being pursued but has not been confirmed.
For further information, please contact:
Lisa Wanger MS, PA-C