Denver Health is now offering telehealth video visits to patients who want extra flexibility when seeing the doctor. You simply use your smartphone, computer or tablet to see and talk to your provider, all from the comfort of your home. If you do not have a device to use for a video visit, you may be able to schedule a telephone visit instead.
This service is available to new and existing Denver Health patients. Most Denver Health service areas offer video visits, but check with our Appointment Center or your provider if you want to schedule a video call.
Care Anywhere at Denver Health
Instructions for Setting Up Video Visits
To learn how to set up a video visit on your device review our setup guide.
Telehealth FAQ: Questions in this Section
- You can schedule through MyChart.
- You can call the appointment center at 303-436-4949 and request a video visit with your provider.
What does a video visit cost?
- There is no additional cost for a video visit.
- Your copays, coinsurance and deductibles are the same as an in-person visit.
- However, preventative services such as well-child checks and annual exams cannot be billed via telehealth.
Do I need any special equipment for a video visit?
- You need a smartphone, tablet or computer with a working microphone and camera to conduct a video visit.
What do I do the day of my video visit?
- Complete e-check in through MyChart.
- Test your video and audio.
- Click on “start your video visit”.
- Click here to see tipsheets and instructional video
Can a family member join me during my video visit?
- Yes, your provider can add additional participants to your visit. If you would like to have a family member join, please let your provider know and they will send a link to have them join the visit.
Can I see Denver Health provider via telemedicine if I live in a different state?
- Due to individual state regulations, Denver Health is not able to conduct a telemedicine visit with patients who live in a state other than Colorado.
Is this service available for patients who need interpretation services?
- Yes, to support our diverse patient population we can provide interpretation for video visits. Your provider will coordinate with Denver Health interpretation services as needed.
Are video visits secure?
- Yes, Denver Health uses a HIPAA-compliant platform for video visits. Protecting patient’s healthcare information is always a priority. Whether a patient has a video visit or an in-person visit the same standards are applied to protect the privacy of our patients.