Child Life Practicum
The Child Life Practicum at Denver Health offers students the opportunity to learn about pediatric hospitalization in the pediatric unit, the pediatric intensive care unit, the pediatric emergency department, and the pediatric outpatient clinics. Under the supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialists, students will have the opportunity to observe different types of interventions and will be facilitating various activities at the bedside and in the playrooms. Students are also asked to complete weekly assignments and receive feedback and guidance about their experiences. Students must complete a minimum of 100 hours within a typical school semester. We currently accept practicum students in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Completed Denver Health Practicum Application and Practicum Questionnaire.
- A current resume and Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts from university/college you have attended with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Two letters of recommendations; one familiar with your work with children/families.
2018 Child Life Practicum at Denver Health
Spring Semester Dates
- Application Deadline: November 17, 2017
- Offer Date: December 4, 2017
- Start Date: Week of January 28, 2018
- Must be in Denver by January 14 (if accepted & not local)
Summer Semester Dates
- Application Deadline: March 16, 2018
- Offer Date: April 6, 2018
- Start Date: Week of June 3, 2018
- Must be in Denver by May 21 (if accepted & not local)
Fall Semester Dates
- Application Deadline: July 6, 2018
- Offer Date: July 27, 2018
- Start Date: Week of September 9, 2018
- Must be in Denver by August 26 (if accepted & not local)
Summer is 10 hours a week for 10 weeks.
Please email completed application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org