The Child Life Practicum at Denver Health offers students the opportunity to learn about pediatric hospitalization in the pediatric unit, the pediatric intensive care unit, the pediatric emergency department, and the pediatric outpatient clinics.Under the supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialists, students will get the opportunity to observe different types of interventions and will be facilitating various activities at the bedside and in the playrooms. Students are also asked to complete weekly assignments and receive feedback and guidance about their experiences. Students must complete a minimum of 150 hours within a typical school semester. We currently accept practicum students in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
2. A current resume and cover letter.
3. Unofficial transcripts from each university/college you have attended experience with at least a 3.0 GPA.
4. Two letters of recommendations; one familiar with your work with children/families.
This program is volunteer-based and you cannot receive school credit unless there is a prior contract between Denver Health and your university.
2019 Child Life Practicum at Denver Health
Spring Semester Dates
- Application Deadline: November 19, 2018
- Offer Date: December 14, 2018
- Start Date: Week of January 27, 2019
- Must be in Denver by January 14 (if accepted & not local)
Summer Semester Dates
- Application Deadline: April 5, 2019
- Offer Date: April 26, 2019
- Start Date: Week of May 28, 2019
- Must be in Denver by May 14 (if accepted and not local)
Fall Semester Dates
- Application Deadline: July 12, 2019
- Offer Date: August 2, 2019
- Start Date: Week of September 8, 2019
- Must be in Denver by August 26 (if accepted and not local)
Spring and Fall are 10 hours a week for 15 weeks.
Summer is 12.5 hours a week for 12 weeks.
Please email completed application materials to email@example.com