We understand the support needed for a new nurse to be successful. With this in mind, we offer a 12-month Nurse Residency Program that provides monthly education classes and hands-on clinical experiences, designed to ease the transition from student to practicing professional nurse. Our program builds on the knowledge and skills acquired in nursing education programs.
- Graduation from an accredited BSN Program with no previous RN experience
- Health Care Provider BLS Certification (American Heart Association)
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and 12-hour day/night shifts
- Sign a 2-year commitment agreement to work on the hiring unit
- The 2-year agreement begins the first day of the Graduate Nurse Residency Program cohort start date
Cohort start dates for the Nurse Residency Program are March, August, & November.
You can be hired throughout the year and begin the Nurse Residency Program with the cohort closest to your start date as an RN.
Preceptor-led unit orientation, paid monthly 3-hour classes, professional role development, group EBP projects, peer support, promote excellence in patient safety and quality of care, build confidence and competence in the RN role.
We hire graduate nurses on the following units:
- Medical-Surgical (9A, 8A, 7A, 6A, 4B, 3B)
- Hospital Float Pool
- Acute Eating Disorders (3M)
- Adult and Adolescent Behavioral Health
- Mom/Baby, L&D, NICU, PEDS/PICU
- Medical ICU, OR
- Denver Sheriff’s Department
- Correctional Care Medical Facility (CCMF)
For more information, please contact:
Kathy Casey, MSN, RN-BC
Nurse Residency Program Coordinator