The Denver Health Sports Medicine Team includes:
- Two Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeons
- A team of Non-Operative Sports Medicine Fellowship Trained providers including Emergency Medicine, and Family Medicine providers
- A Team of highly trained Advanced Practice Providers including Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
- A Sports Podiatry Service focusing on sports injuries to the foot and ankle
- A Robust outpatient Rehabilitation Department with Physical and Occupational Therapists with extensive training including numerous orthopedic clinical specialists, certified hand therapists, and holistic providers
Common Sports Medicine Procedures
Common Knee Surgeries include 150-200 ACL reconstructions/year, meniscus and cartilage repair, surgical treatment for patellar dislocations, as well as arthroscopy for a number of degenerative conditions. Because we are a Level 1 Trauma Center, we also provide care to 20-30 patients a year with severe knee injuries and dislocations requiring complex multiple ligament reconstruction.
Shoulder surgeries frequently performed include arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, stabilization of shoulder dislocations, reconstruction of ligaments torn with acromioclavicular separation. We performs standard and reverse shoulder replacements for arthritis and other degenerative shoulder conditions.
Hip arthroscopy is performed to treat patients with acetabular labral tears and hip impingement.
Our sports medicine-trained podiatrist performs comprehensive foot and ankle services and performs reconstructive procedures for active patients who have sustained injuries or developed degenerative conditions of the foot and ankle.
Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation Services
Our rehabilitation department employs many highly trained physical and occupational therapists who perform treatments to try and avoid surgery, as well as preoperative and postoperative rehabilitation.
Denver Health’s sports medicine team can help all patients with musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. Our greatest strength is our diverse group of operative and non-operative providers who work together to try and achieve the best outcome for our patients.