Denver Health is home to the only full-service level II pediatric trauma center in Denver. In addition to all the services required for a certified Pediatric Trauma Program, our microvascular services and ability to care for complex pelvic fractures makes us unique.
Denver Health is the only trauma center where trauma surgeons skilled in handling thousands of adult cases are also equipped to provide care for the most severe pediatric trauma injuries. Our dedicated pediatric staff ensure that children receive the same level of care as any adult. Our experience in treating trauma is unsurpassed in the region.
- Pediatric General Surgery and Trauma
- When a child is involved in a serious accident or has a medical illness that requires immediate surgical assistance, our surgery team is available 24 hours a day.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery and Trauma
- If a child has suffered traumatic injury that involves the brain, our neurosurgery team is available 24 hours a day.
- Pediatric Orthopedic Services
- The Denver Emergency Center for Children provides 24 hour pediatric orthopedic care for those children who need treatment for broken bones and joint dislocations.
- Pediatric Hand and Microvascular Service
- Denver Health is the ONLY Level I hospital in Colorado that provides 24 hour Microvascular surgical services for children in need of complex surgery to re-attach a limb. This type of surgery involves the repair of the tiniest blood vessels to restore blood to a body part like an arm, foot or hand.
- Child Abuse Protection & Intervention
- Denver Health has child protection services for pediatric patients who’ve suffered neglect and abuse. This team is comprised of medical experts who can identify and intervene in these situations immediately.
- Trauma Services Network
- The Trauma Survivors Network (TSN) is a community of patients and families who are looking to connect with one another and rebuild their lives after a serious injury. Joining this community can help ease the anxiety and frustration often experienced following a sudden injury and the resulting hospitalization.