Drug Addiction Treatment Services
- Addiction Recovery Center and Suboxone Treatment
Addiction recovery services provide treatment for non-opiate substance disorders and outpatient suboxone (buprenorphine) treatment to opioid dependent patients.
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment
A substance abuse treatment, education and prevention program provides outpatient, psychiatric and substance abuse treatment to adolescents ages 12-21.
- Denver CARES Detoxification and Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation
Denver CARES is a 100-bed, non-medical, clinically managed treatment facility. Our mission is to provide a safe detoxification for public inebriates and to provide assessment, education, motivational counseling and residential treatment. Denver CARES operates 24/7 with a staff of registered nurses, behavioral health technicians, addiction counselors and licensed mental health clinicians.
- Methadone Clinic Opiate Addiction Treatment
Opiate addiction treatment at Denver Health provides opioid/narcotic replacement therapy utilizing methadone and suboxone (buprenorphine) for patients meeting specific criteria for admission.
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
Outpatient Behavioral Health Services offers comprehensive addictions rehabilitation and evaluation services for treatment of non-opiate drug and alcohol substance use disorders.
- The Recovery Program for Women & Families
This program is designed specifically to help pregnant women, parenting women and families who need substance abuse treatment. Each woman that comes to the program is treated with respect and offered a safe environment in which to heal.
Hours of Operation
- Adult, Pediatric, Psych Emergency Departments: 7 days per week, 24 hours per day
- Inpatient Addiction Consult: M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Walk-in intakes for specialty therapy at Outpatient Behavioral Health Services: M-F present before 5:30 a.m.
- Specialty therapy at Outpatient Behavioral Health Services: M-F, 6 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Specialty dosing at Outpatient Behavioral Health Services: M-F, 5:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m., Sat-Sun, 6 - 9 a.m.
- Denver CARES Detox: 7 days per week, 24 hours per day
- Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care at Community Health Services: Mon-Sat 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Community Line: Voicemail responded to within 1-2 business days (303-436-5711)
- Therapeutic services at Denver Jail Health Services: Sun-Tues, 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Wed, 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Thurs-Sat, 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Addiction Services Awarded for Opioid Program
The Colorado Department of Human Services has recognized Outpatient Behavioral Health Services’ adult addiction services with the Medication-assisted Treatment Prescription Drug Opioid Abuse Hub Provider Excellence in Project Partnership Award. The award, announced on July 24, recognizes our achievements in response to the opioid epidemic. This prestigious honor underscores our pioneering efforts in serving people with substance misuse through no wrong door.
“What set us apart from other programs is our willingness to try new ways to improve patient access, our ability to collaborate across units and departments at Denver Health, and our unwavering commitment to the dignity and well-being of every individual needing our services,” said Lisa Gawenus, director of outpatient behavioral health services. “Every team member has played an important role in developing hub & spoke care.”