Denver Health created the Rocky Mountain Center for Medical Response to Terrorism, Mass Casualties and Epidemics (RMCMR) to address the need for planning and preparation for all health care providers that serve large urban centers, establishing a more effective medical response for all potential emergencies.
- To coordinate Denver Health’s unique components and physician expertise in creating an effective medical response to terrorist events, mass casualties and epidemics
- To support and assist lead government agencies in a coordinated regional response to terrorist events, mass casualties and epidemics
- To collaborate with others to understand the “surge capacity needs” for the area and to develop approaches to meet those needs
- To conduct research that advances our understanding of best medical management of specific terrorist events, mass casualties and epidemics
- To collaborate with others in developing, improved public education, education of health care professionals, improved methods of public health surveillance, mechanisms to serve the needs of the worried well and mechanisms to coordinate the medical response