Anyone interested in learning more about bariatric surgery and the Denver Health Bariatric Surgery Center must watch one of the informational videos below (in English or Spanish). Learn about our bariatric weight loss program and the gastric bypass surgeries we offer. Watching this video is the first step in the bariatric surgery process.
In the video, you will:
- Hear from our bariatric surgeons about the Denver Health Bariatric Surgery Center
- Learn more about obesity and bariatric surgery
After watching the video, you will have a better idea if you are a candidate for surgery and have a detailed understanding of the surgical weight-loss journey at Denver Health.
After viewing the video:
- Please fill out your information in the form below the video if you would like to continue on to have bariatric surgery
- The form will be sent to the bariatric coordinator
- The bariatric coordinator will call you with next steps
You will need two referrals from your Primary Care Provider (PCP) to move forward with bariatric surgery:
- Bariatric nutrition referral
- Bariatric surgery referral
If you are a Denver Health patient, your PCP can enter both referrals directly into Denver Health's EPIC system.
If you are not a Denver Health patient, your PCP can fax the referrals to 303-602-6234, please put "Attention Leigh Rieder, RN, Bariatric Coordinator."
Topics Covered in the Video
- The Process and Requirements
- Whether or Not You Are a Good Candidate for Bariatric Surgery
- The Risks and Benefits of Surgery
- The Types of Surgical Procedures Performed at Denver Health
- What to Expect & What Is Expected of Patients
- Diet and Nutrition Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
Step 1: Watch the Video
Please watch the video below, available in English or Spanish, and submit the form at the bottom of the page to indicate you have watched and understood the content in the video.
Step 2: Confirm Completion of the Video
Fill out the form below.
Step 3: Get Referral from Primary Care Provider (PCP)
If you are interested in moving forward, talk to your primary care doctor and ask them for two referrals - one for bariatric surgery and one for bariatric nutrition.