Forearm Muscle Strain
This problem may be caused by:
- Stretching the muscles too fast or too far
- Putting sudden stress on the muscles when they are not ready for the stress
- A direct blow
Problems may be:
- Pain while stretching the fingers or wrist
- Problems flexing the fingers or wrist
- Muscle spasms
How long it takes to heal depends on the injury. The goal of treatment is to promote healing. Options are:
- Rest, ice, compression, and elevation
- Medicines to ease pain and swelling
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Edits to original content made by Denver Health.
Copyright © EBSCO Information Services
All rights reserved.