Welcome to the Rocky Mountain Region Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit (PEHSU) serves Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. We are a network of experts in children’s environmental health.
- Medical consultation and training for healthcare professionals, parents, caregivers, and patients
- Information and resources to school and community groups to help increase the understanding of environmental pediatrics
Mission & Goals
Our mission is to improve the health of children in the Rocky Mountain region by providing information, education, and training on environmental health problems.
Our goal is to apply the following standards to the populations we serve:
- To provide children, parents, teachers and health care professionals with reliable and useful information about pediatric environmental hazards
- To educate parents and health care professionals about pediatric environmental health issues to prevent and treat harmful environmental exposures
- To foster communication between existing medical resources as a means of improving pediatric healthcare
- To refer parents and health care professionals to clinical settings specializing in pediatric environmental health service