Student tuition is $21,000. Upon acceptance to the program, the Program Director will provide scholarship/grant information for which students may apply.
Lab coats and other personal protective equipment (PPE), and professional liability insurance will be provided by the Denver Health Laboratory. Upon acceptance into the program, the student is responsible for the following expenses:
- Daily living - housing, meals, transportation, parking
- Scrubs for daily wear; Program Director will provide required scrub color
- Background check; Program Director will provide information
- Health insurance; proof of health insurance is required for the 12 months in the program
- Proof of immunization for seasonal flu, MMR (two doses), HepB, Varicella, Tdap, Meningococcal meningitis, COVID
- Negative PPD test (within 12 months) or negative chest x-ray (if history of positive PPD)
- Worker’s compensation insurance; Program Director will provide information
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible to sit for the Board of Certification (BOC) examination offered by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP). Those that successfully pass the exam may use the credential MLS (ASCP). The student will be responsible for the certification exam fee (apx. $240) which will be due in October.
Students are not eligible for FAFSA or other student loans and must make arrangements for other types of loans or grants, if needed, for tuition payment.
Student Withdrawal Policy
Students may voluntarily withdraw from the School of Medical Laboratory Science at any time. Any student wishing to withdraw must submit a signed written letter to the Program Director indicating intent to withdraw along with the effective date.
The student must return his/her name badge and outstanding program materials, clean out his/her locker and pay any outstanding fees. Access to Denver Health intranet services will be discontinued.
A student who voluntarily withdraws or is dismissed from the School of Medical Laboratory Science may receive a percent refund of tuition. See Student Handbook for complete policy.
The School has partnered with Meritize* to provide students with financing options to fund your education. With a Meritize loan, you can get credit for your merit and potentially improve your loan options by sharing your academic history, military background, or work experience. If approved, full deferment during school is available for certain products. Click here for more information. Contact the Program Director for more information..