WIC is not accepting walk-in appointments at this time. New EWIC cards can be mailed or picked up by appointment at our Westside WIC clinic. Breast pumps can also be picked up by appointment at Westside WIC. Please call the WIC appointment line at 303-602-6550 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
To learn more about Denver Health's response to COVID-19, visit DenverHealth.org/Coronavirus
About Women, Infants and Children
WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children. We promote the growth of strong families and healthy lifestyles through breastfeeding support, nutrition education, food assistance, and referrals. We empower Women, Infants, and Children with compassionate care. The WIC Program is a nutrition program that provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy food and other services free of charge to Colorado families who qualify. Learn more by watching a quick Welcome to WIC Video in English or Spanish.
This program has been successful in improving the health of participants and reducing health care costs.
- Personalized nutrition consultations
- Breastfeeding classes, information and referrals
- Peer counseling for breastfeeding support. A WIC peer counselor is a WIC mother just like you. She lives in your community and has breastfed her own baby. She has been carefully selected by WIC to talk to moms about feeding their babies and give you support to meet your goals.
- Vouchers to purchase nutritious, allowable foods
- Nutrition and health education on a variety of topics, such as meal planning, maintaining a healthy weight, picky eaters, caring for a new baby and shopping on a budget
- Referrals for medical, dental care, health insurance, childcare, housing and other services that can benefit the whole family
- Access to the Warm Connections Program, which offers free assistance to any family participating in WIC to address concerns about their child’s mood, behavior or development, provide parenting support or connect with community resources
- Collaboration with medical professionals to ensure consistent and quality care
Apply For WIC
The WIC Program is for all kinds of families. If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent or other legal guardian of a child under 5 years of age, married and single, working or not, you can apply for WIC. Call 303-602-6550 to schedule an appointment with one of our Denver County WIC locations.
To be eligible for the Denver WIC program, you must be:
- Pregnant, breastfeeding (up to one year after the delivery of baby) or a postpartum woman (up to six months after the delivery of baby), or an infant or child up to five years of age
- Currently living in Colorado
- Income-eligible (Participants of other programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, TANF may automatically be income-eligible)
- Able to provide acceptable documentation, including proof of identification, income and residence