You are using an unlicensed and unsupported version of DotNetNuke Professional Edition. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to obtain a valid license.
The physicians in the Division of Rheumatology are involved in helping improve the health of patients with autoimmune diseases, various musculoskeletal problems, and bone metabolic diseases.
Autoimmune diseases treated by the Rheumatology Division include Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Scleroderma, Polymyositis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Reactive Arthritis, and various types of vasculitis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, soft tissue rheumatism, and osteoporosis.
Outpatient and inpatient services are provided at the Denver Health Medical Center which includes general rheumatology clinics and bone metabolic clinic at the Davis Pavilion, Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic and Denver Health Medical Plan Rheumatology Clinic at the Wellington E. Webb Center for Primary Care, and the Department of Corrections Outpatient Clinic. The division runs a Scleroderma Clinic at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion on the Fitzsimons Campus.
The Division's mission is to advance knowledge, treatment and research in the area of rheumatic diseases. The division is involved in teaching medical students, residents, and community physicians.
- General Rheumatology Clinics
- Bone Metabolic Clinic
- Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic
- Denver Health Medical Plan Rheumatology Clinic
- Scleroderma Clinic at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at the Fitzsimons Campus
Physicians in the Division of Rheumatology perform clinical research in specific areas of rheumatic diseases and in the area of doctor patient communication. Research topics of interest include:
- Therapeutic trials in interstitial lung disease associated with scleroderma
- Treatment of pulmonary hypertension associated with scleroderma
- Treatment of Raynaud’s phenomenon in patients with scleroderma
- Natural history of gastrointestinal problems in patients with scleroderma
- Therapeutic interventions in patients with Hepatitis C and autoimmune diseases
- Post infectious arthritis in correctional care facilities
- How doctors best communicate medical information to patients
- How best to disclose medical errors
- Risk management
Our Rheumatology Team