When life-saving medical care is needed, experience matters.
Did you know that an estimated 20 million women and 10 million men in the U.S. suffer from eating disorders? And when eating disorders become severe, lives are on the line. Unfortunately, specialized medical care with the expertise necessary to treat these high-risk patients is almost impossible to find. The ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders is the only adult medical stabilization program in the country with the resources, the environment and the experience to bring these patients back from the brink of death and set them on the road to recovery.
The ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders is the first and only medical inpatient eating disorder treatment program in the country. Located on a dedicated medical unit at Denver Health, ACUTE patients benefit from the extensive support of a major medical hospital while receiving care from a team of experienced professionals. Inside ACUTE, the world’s leading experts provide life-saving medical stabilization for patients suffering from severe eating disorders and the resultant medical complications. We offer hope when all other medical care has failed.
The ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders is proud to be honored by Anthem Health as a Center of Excellence for Medical Treatment of Severe and Extreme Eating Disorders. ACUTE is the first medical unit ever to achieve this designation in the field of eating disorders. It comes after a rigorous review process.
Severe Eating Disorder Treatment
Here at the ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders you can expect:
- Definitive medical stabilization on a private medical unit in Denver Health, a nationally ranked academic medical center.
- Life-saving medical care covered under the medical insurance benefit.
- An intimate treatment setting with private, one-on-one care provided by compassionate and experienced eating disorder specialists.
- Evidenced based, effective care led by Dr Philip S. Mehler, Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (CEDS).
Call Today for a Free Evaluation
- Have you reached a severely low weight (BMI)?
- Do you have medical complications as a result of your eating disorder?
- Have you been hospitalized or visited an ER as a result of your eating disorder behaviors?
If you can answer yes to any one of these questions, ACUTE may be right for you. Call (877) 228-8348 to speak with a member of the ACUTE admissions team.