Hope. Survival. Recovery.
Life-threatening medical complications from severe eating disorders and malnutrition may require immediate treatment for survival and recovery.
ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders & Severe Malnutrition at Denver Health is the only dedicated medical intensive care unit specifically for patients with extreme forms of eating disorders and severe malnutrition who are severely underweight or who are experiencing urgent medical issues.
- Treating people of all genders, ages 15 and older (adolescents and adults)
- The only medical unit in the U.S. to earn a prestigious Center of Excellence designation
- Inpatient medical stabilization on a private 30-bed telemetry unit
- Billing the medical health benefit and contracted with most major insurance plans
- Air-ambulance transport delivering patients safely to the unit in Denver, Colorado
- Expert medical treatment alleviates or avoids deadly complications of eating disorders
- Medically supervised refeeding and weight restoration addressing severe malnutrition from advanced illness or infection (organ failure, cancer, nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM, aka MAI), HIV, etc.)
- Robust psychiatric and behavioral health support alongside medical care
- 24/7, 1:1 patient support from Certified Nursing Assistants and Behavioral Health Technicians
- Additional consultation and care from any relevant specialist in Denver Health Medical Center
- Social distancing and infection control supported by private patient rooms (with private bathroom) and room-based treatment model
- Upon medical stabilization, patients return to treatment providers to continue recovery
- Dr. Philip S. Mehler, Founder and Chief Executive Officer
ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders & Severe Malnutrition at Denver Health
Get life-saving help now. Call (877) 228-8348 for a free, no-obligation assessment or to discuss emergency admission.