Denver Health’s Pharmacies are dedicated to providing safe and high-quality medication delivery through all aspects of patient care. Our 10 pharmacy locations are spread throughout Denver in our Family Health Centers and on our main campus. We also offer mail order and delivery service. Stop by one of our pharmacies after your clinic appointment; our average wait time is 24 minutes.
Refilling or Renewing Prescriptions at Denver Health
- Refill or renew prescriptions online at MyChart. If you’re new to MyChart, learn more using our MyChart Explainer.
- To refill over the phone, call 303-389-1390. If you need help refilling a prescription by phone, call 303-436-4488,.
- Refill requests received by 5 p.m., Monday–Friday, are available for pickup after 11 a.m. the next business day.
Our Pharmacy Services
- Denver Health pharmacists work directly with care providers to coordinate prescription and insurance details, such as prior authorization, to prevent any delays in starting medication.
- We stock specialized medication not often carried by other pharmacies and with access to your medical history readily available, our trained pharmacists can coordinate complicated orders directly with your care team.
- Qualifying patients enjoy cost saving opportunities such as free mail order, delivery service and 90-day supplies.
Only prescriptions written by a Denver Health physician or care provider may be filled at a Denver Health pharmacy.
Unused portions of medication must be disposed of properly in order to avoid harm to people and pets. Please view these guidelines to learn more about the proper disposal of unused medicines. Disposal bins are located at seven Denver Health pharmacies to help ensure the proper disposal of unused medicine.
Mail Order Pharmacy and Prescription Options
Denver Health's Pharmacy by Mail is a simple, safe, and efficient way to get your prescription medications delivered right to your home. It's available to both new and current Denver Health patients for medications written by a Denver Health provider.
Whether it's a refill or a new prescription, most medications can be mailed, and shipping is free for patients. Patients can expect to receive their medications delivered to their homes through the U.S. Postal Service (U.S.P.S.) within three to five business days.
Patients can set up mail order prescriptions through one of three easy options:
- Through the MyChart app (available to download free at mychart.denverhealth.org)
- By calling the Automated Refill Line at 303-389-1390
- By calling the pharmacy directly at 303-436-4488 and selecting option "8" to speak directly to a member of the Denver Health Pharmacy from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on weekdays.
Patients can ask their provider to set up their new prescriptions to be pharmacy by mail.
Coming soon: availability of controlled substances through the mail and expanded options for same day and next day delivery (expected late 2020/early 2021).