Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Services
Welcome to the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Denver Health. We serve patients with a variety of diagnoses and offer a full spectrum of services.
Plastic and reconstructive surgery ranges from breast reconstruction to scar revision and from hand surgery to scalp reconstruction to lower extremity wound reconstruction. The goal of reconstructive surgery is the restoration of form and function to any area of the body.
At Denver Health, our plastic surgeons not only treat patients in need of plastic and reconstructive surgery but also specialize in hand and limb replantation and microsurgery. Our team is committed to providing outstanding patient-centered care. We work using a multidisciplinary approach to care and enjoy working with our patients to achieve the optimal outcome for each patient. In addition to top quality care, our providers are committed to education at all levels and research in many areas, with the goal of consistently advancing all aspects of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
The plastic surgery clinic serves patients with a variety of diagnoses and need for reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, including congenital differences, acute complex wounds, breast cancer, maxillofacial trauma, traumatic lower and upper extremity wounds, minor burns, skin cancers, benign soft tissue and skin lesions, redundant skin and abdominal pannus after gastric by-pass surgery or other weight loss surgery patients, symptomatic large breasts (macromastia) and wounds requiring skin grafting and/or flap coverage. We treat skin cancers, benign skin lesions, lumps and bumps, and keloid scars and other scars.
These are procedures that can be done in our minor procedure room, and generally have minimal recovery time.
- Excision of benign and malignant skin lesions
- Excision of soft tissue masses (e.g. lipoma, fibroma)
- Arch bar removal following maxillomandibular fixation used for fracture fixation
- Scar revision
- Reconstructive microsurgery
- Facial soft tissue and bone reconstruction after traumatic injury (maxillofacial trauma)
- Lower and upper extremity wound reconstruction after traumatic injury
- Wound reconstruction requiring skin grafting and/or flap coverage
- Post bariatric reconstructive surgery after massive weight loss
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Treatment of hand and wrist fractures, arthritis and other injuries
- Minor burns
- Plastic Surgery Clinic
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Clinic