Denver Health LGBTQ+ Health Services
Denver Health’s LGBTQ+ Health Services is committed to a decentralized model of health care for LGBTQ+ people across Colorado – meaning that any LGBTQ+ person should be met with open, excellent, affirming care. Within the decentralized model, LGBTQ+ Health Services provides LGBTQ+ patients with patient navigation services for primary care needs and gender affirming surgery.
At Denver Health, our LGBTQ+ friendly doctors and staff are dedicated to providing high quality and welcoming health care for all, which means our team of medical providers, including physicians and nurses, is here to care for our LGBTQ+ patients through family and internal medicine, mental health and pediatric services.
Our LGBTQ+ Health Services Include:
- Preventative health screenings
- Management of chronic conditions
- Sexual health services
- Same-day pre-exposure prophylaxis
- HIV services
- Hormone Replacement Therapy(HRT) on an Informed Consent Model
- Voice therapy
- Behavioral Health services
Patient Navigators: Dedicated to Assisting LGBTQ+ Patients
Our patient navigators are dedicated to ensuring that our lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender patients are supported through their health care journey. All LGBTQ+ patients will be connected with welcoming and affirming medical providers for all of their health care needs.
If you would like additional support, patient navigators are here to attend medical appointments with you and will continue to be your advocates as you become familiar with our health care system. Please contact one of our dedicated LGBTQ+ patient navigators at 303-602-5699.
To learn more about LGBTQ+ Health Services, please read our FAQ document or email LGBTadmin@dhha.org.
Gender Affirming Surgical Interest Form
Please email a copy of your identification and insurance card to our secure inbox at LGBTadmin@dhha.org
Accepted Insurances and Payment
Denver Health accepts Medicaid, Medicare and most commercial insurance plans. Please check with your insurance carrier to confirm Denver Health is in-network. To learn more about LGBTQ+ Health Services, please email LGBTadmin@dhha.org
As we navigate the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on all aspects of health and well-being, we want you to know Denver Health is here for you. We promise to continue to place importance on accessible, affirming, and excellent care for LGBTQ+ Communities. Please review the guidelines below, and reach out to LGBTQ+ Health Services at LGBTAdmin@dhha.org with any other questions or concerns.
- Primary Care and Behavioral Health appointments are available in person or through telehealth.
- If you are currently a Denver Health patient and have already established care with a Primary Care Provider, please contact your provider through MyChart for any questions or prescription needs.
- If you are not yet a patient at Denver Health and are looking to establish care, or if you do not have a regular Primary Care Provider, please contact our Patient Navigator at 303-602-5699 and leave a message with your phone number and email address.
For further information about the impact of coronavirus on Denver Health’s services, and Denver Health’s planned response, please visit DenverHealth.org/Coronavirus